Lost


Hey, it’s me again!
Now, as our teacher gave us the task to tell our experience that made us feel grateful the most, I’m going to tell you my most desperate experience (that I still remember) which make me grateful that I’m not that clumsy anymore.


The most desperate situation I’ve been in is when I was lost around my grandparents’ house. I was about 8 years old when I first came to my aunt’s house. My parents were talking with my grandparents in the living room. As a kid, I couldn’t sit still nor play with my hand phone like right now. Since I got bored, I asked my aunty who was the same age as me to take me to the playground or just take me anywhere that would make me feel better. She decided to take me outside the house. I nodded and followed her. We went out of the house without telling our parents. I wasn’t familiar with the neighborhood since it was my first time there. So, I felt curious and kept looking around to see anything around us but I still walked behind her. I was attracted to a man who sells Gulali because the candy was unique and I had never seen that before. So, I didn’t stop walking but my eyes were all on the candy.

I was so distracted that I didn’t realize I made the wrong turn. I couldn’t see my aunty that was supposed to be in front of me, leading the way. I wasn’t panic but my eyes were teary and I could start crying anytime. I didn’t know anyone and I didn’t know where I am. I still had positive thought that I was still close to my aunty’s house so I tried walking back to the house backwards. I didn't feel lost at all and smiled because I thought it was going to be an exciting journey. I used my feeling and memories of things that I just saw before I got to that place. People were looking at me and some of them laughed a bit. But I didn’t care and just did my own thing.

On my way back, I kept calling and yelling my aunt’s name. And nobody cared enough to come up and help me. I think it was because I was walking backwards like I was playing around. I didn’t even get closer to the house nor find my aunty. I also got hungry and tired walking. So, I stopped walking and started crying. I sat beside the road and closed my face with my palms, admitting that I was lost. 

Then, a woman came to me and asked me what my name is and where my house is. I told her my name and that I wasn't from here. I said I was looking for my aunt and told her my aunty's name. Fortunately, she recognized my aunty. She showed me the way. Apparently, I was very close to the house and it was only about one right turn until I got there. I was grateful and embarrassed when the whole family waited for me in front of the house. But I was afraid of my mom's intense gaze so I ran inside the house and all of them laughed at me.

I realized it now that I was so silly. That’s all. It’s Yasmine signing out.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

What will you do on holiday?

Dialogue of Offer and Suggestion

Ice Blink and Water Sky